Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3rd Fourth Sunday Dinner Comments!


 Well, we celebrated another Fourth Sunday Dinner – this time we all gathered at Josh and Katie’s new apartment.  The night began with some delicious cheese, crackers, olives and M&M snacks.  I made an “Irish Cocktail” called Peppermint Patty for a pre-dinner drink.  It was made with equal parts: Chocolate Vodka, White Crème de Cacao, Green Crème de Menthe, and Half & Half Cream.  Shake it over ice and poured into martini style glasses (or plastics!).

I could not decide what to make for my Irish cold side dish, so I improvised.  I took fresh spinach and mixed it with diced corned beef, diced gouda cheese, dried cranberries, tomatoes, and Irish Soda Bread croutons!  All this was topped with Sweet Mustard Salad Dressing.  It really came out better than I expected.

  We will be skipping April, since Easter Sunday is the right before the fourth Sunday of the month.  We will resume our dinners on Sunday, May 25 for a Cinco de Mayo Mexican Feast.   
Do you recognize my little Mexicanos?






2 comments:

  1. Let's not forget about the Ice Cream Cone Chocolate Cake Extravaganza (ICCCCE) that like to tip over on the ride over and cover my hands in delicious minty green icing!!

    Those pictures are awesome!! I'm very tempted to buy a Mexican poncho now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but those ICCCCE treats were delicious!

      Delete